Awards Luncheon, Lecture on Holy Living, and a Gala Dinner

by Azusa Pacific University Relations

image_ensembles.jpg

Established in 1983 by founding dean Les Blank, Ph.D., the Azusa Pacific Graduate School of Theology celebrates its 30th anniversary on Saturday, April 12, 2014.

The school will host a series of celebratory events, including an open house featuring the Graduate School of Theology Timeline exhibit, a book signing and display, and an exhibition of two volumes of The Saint John’s Bible Heritage Edition sponsored by Special Collections. The day will also include an awards luncheon honoring alumni, a lecture on holy living, and a gala dinner.

In the last two decades, the school has conferred 1,045 degrees upon remarkable men and women committed to taking the God First motto with them throughout the world. “We maintain relationships with hundreds of gifted alumni who serve as significant leaders in the churches and denominations connected to APU,” said T. Scott Daniels, Ph.D., dean and professor, School of Theology. “As a regional seminary, APU graduates stand on the front line of Kingdom work throughout Southern California and beyond.”

With a wide range of offerings, including master’s degree programs in divinity, youth ministry, pastoral studies, and theological studies, as well as a Doctor of Ministry, the school provides expert preparation for seminary, church and parachurch ministry management, and Christian educational ministry. The school also houses several centers that serve as valuable resources for students–El Centro Teológico Hispano, the Friends Center, and the Free Methodist Center–each of which expands the scope and reach of the school and its students. These resources provide practical tools for students seeking to serve the Church in effective and relevant ways, and add to the rich heritage of God-honoring excellence, sacrificial service, and passion for the Kingdom.

“The graduate faculty and staff at APU significantly impacted my life in ways that still bring forth fruit in my ministry,” said Doctor of Ministry student Kay Wilson, M.A. ’03. “What I experience as a doctoral student goes far beyond classroom assignments and knowledge alone. That rich learning and engagement has become a part of who I am today and how I live out my faith in every aspect of my life. The academic rigor coupled with the opportunity to develop skills necessary in ministry far exceeded my expectations, but the spiritual transformation that resulted within me serves as the greatest reward. I continue reaping the benefits of my experience at Azusa Pacific as I stay connected with faculty, staff, and the many opportunities APU offers to its students and alumni.”

“Since the beginning, our experiential learning emphasis has set us apart,” said Donald Thorsen, Ph.D., chair of the Department of Theology and Ethics. “While many seminaries offer only a year of supervised ministry or field education, APU requires every student to serve in the field within a supervised ministry for the entire three-year Master of Divinity program. This immersion and integration adds value and authority to our programs.”

“APU’s Graduate School of Theology was formed to make sure that those called to ministry are as prepared as possible for the mission God has for them,” said Daniels. “That foundational concern has not changed in 30 years. Our goal is to make it possible for men and women to become healthy pastors, missional leaders, and spiritually mature disciple makers in every area of ministry.”

mijutimes@gmail.com

Copyrightⓒmijutimes

List of Articles
번호 제목 글쓴이 날짜 조회 수
55 Education STEVE YAMAGUCHI, Dean of STudent at Fuller file db 2014-08-01 3683
54 Education The 2014 Annual Karl Barth Conference file Miju 2014-05-20 5446
53 Education COMMENCEMENT 2014.....SATURDAY, JUNE 14 file Miju 2014-05-20 3317
52 Education Free Methodist Center Broadens Scope as New Center for Transformational Leadership file Miju 2014-05-14 3198
51 Education Jim Hackney: empowering YDS(Yale Divinity School) to fulfill its 21st century ambitions file Miju 2014-05-13 4089
50 Education Professor Glen H. Stassen Leaves Legacy of Passionate Commitment to Social Justice and Peacemaking file Miju 2014-05-07 3167
49 Education Urban Ministry Conference: A Heart for the City Towards a Collaborative Pastoral Leadership for the City file Miju 2014-04-28 4514
48 Education Searching for Common Ground in the Study of Religion file Miju 2014-04-28 2975
47 Education Fuller Admission file db 2014-04-16 5618
46 Education 2014 Court-Clergy Conference: 'Building Community with Justice' file Miju 2014-04-12 5354
45 Education 2014 Payton Lectures: 'World Faiths: A Christian Perspective' file Miju 2014-04-12 3040
» Education Graduate School of Theology of APU Celebrates 30th Anniversary file Miju 2014-04-04 2835
43 Education Conference on Philosophy, Worship, and Art at Princeton Seminary file Miju 2014-04-04 2786
42 Education Fuller School of Psychology Appoints New Dean file Miju 2014-04-02 2924
41 Education Biography of Charles Cowan by Dr. A. Donald MacLeod file YC 2014-03-22 2751
40 Education Presbyterian Colloquium file db 2014-03-11 5097
39 Education NASA's Kepler Mission Announces a Planet Bonanza, 715 New Worlds file BS 2014-02-28 5242
38 Education Harvard Bible Course on Pauline Letters Generates Global Interest file YC 2014-02-11 3242
37 Education Fuller's Reel Spirituality Hosting Event in South Korea file YC 2014-02-11 3090
36 Education President Labberton to Fuller Community: Live a Resurrected Life file YC 2014-01-12 2728