FREEDOM WALK

Community 조회 수 6990 추천 수 0 2014.07.18 03:15:36

Freedom.jpg

Here is the latest Updates. Please check back frequently to the Facebook Event Page for the latest updates. Its hard to answer so many individual email questions, so I will try to keep everyone up to date on the event page. 
https://www.facebook.com/events/1439269039667943/?ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming

If Anyone missed last Saturday's Orientation. Not a problem. Here what you need to know and prepare. Please bring the adult or Youth applications with you on the day of the event. We collected applications at the orientation, so if you missed, try to come a little bit earlier to complete your registration. 

IMPORTANT CHANGE OF PLANS. 
We originally tried to reserve parks and churches for each night but It was impossible because the city park systems do not allow overnight as it is considered CAMPING. So we contacted All the churches in on the route, but we eventually secured only one and the other 2 churches pulled out at the last minute. OH NO!!!

BUT LA 4th District Councilman TOM LABONGE found out about our difficulty and he stepped in and made a call to the LA Dept. of Parks and Rec. He ordered them to make special permits for us to stay at the parks of our choice.  So with record breaking effort by the 4th and 10th district council districts pushing this through, the City Risk Management approved our insurance and the Parks issued permits all in one day. They said this never happened before. On top of that, The two councilman's offices are going to pay all the application and permit fees as well as pay for an Armed Ranger to be with us for 10 hours each night. All this is going to cost nearly $2,000.00 but this is their contribution to the FREEDOM WALK. They said this is amazing what our community is doing. GOD IS GREAT!!! and so are our LA councilmen.  

So now we are also CAMPING on the 1st and 3rd nights instead of staying at churches. 
We will have two separate male and female 20 foot carport canopies  to sleep in, but if you want a little privacy, bring a small tent. All gear will be transported in our Official Freedom Walk 15 foot trailer.   

Attached is the schedule 
and map of the route of the entire event. 

All Walkers will receive 2 Event Shirts. All Participants must wear the official shirt during the entire event. 

NEED to prepare and bring:

1. Sleeping bag /Pillow
Ground Mat (optional)
Small backpack 
4. Toiletry (toothbrush and so on)
5. Towel
6. Slippers for showers @ the beach. 
7. Hat
8. Sun Screen
9. COMFORTABLE walking shoes (hint: Add cushion insoles, makes a HUGE difference, less foot pain.  
10. Light Jacket
11. Change of clothes for sleeping
12 Tent (Optional)

13. Flashlight
14. extra Socks 
Extra cash just in case for personal emergency use.

Please make sure all your gear has your name 
clearly on it. Especially sleeping bags and ground mats that all look similar.

SUGGESTION: I suggested to everyone at the ORIENTATION to start walking this entire week. The more you start walking the better you'll be during the walk. Start of slowly with a mile or less. then work your way up. Anything is better then from nothing  to suddenly 10 miles a day. Your body will show you how upset it is at the end of the first day when your feet are a little sore. 

NO WORRIES. We will have a foot Acupuncturist available for FREE to make all your tired aches go a way like magic. Never tried it? U will be amazed. And its painless.

Also try to start getting donations in, no matter how small or large. Each walker is originally trying to raise $2,500 before starting the a walk, but since so many found out about this so late, We know its impossible. Just try your best to raise as much as you can.  This is a mad dash just to earn as much as we can as a collaborated group effort.

Direct all potential donors the LINK FREEDOM WALK donation page.

http://fundraise.libertyinnorthkorea.org/fundraise/team?ftid=32417

IMPORTANT NOTE:
There is no parking at the starting location. This is inner city type park with only meter parking and no parking on certain street cleaning days. Also there are no local or near by parking lots to park your car for 4 days.

BUT if getting a ride out to LA is going to be difficult, let me know, we can try to find a parking space for you at one of the other participants homes that live near by in LA. Where there's a will, we will find a way. BUT I NEED TO KNOW before you arrive. Let me know if you can not get a ride and must bring your car today.

Starts at 8:30 @  
Seoul International Park - 3250 San Marino St, Los Angeles, California 90057
The actual meeting location is across the street from the park along NORMANDIE STREET. There is a small Korean Pagoda. Location is indicated on the DAY #1 map.

My phone number is 323-620-4848. Please save it in your phone. Do not hesitate to call me from now on. I am out of my home until the end of the event, I'll be in LA preparing everything and have only limited internet access late at night. 

For those that live far away and prefer to come out to LA Friday and hang out, we have a 2 room office you could come and crash with us. Makes it easier then leaving your house before the sun comes up. Let me know. 

I need much help early SATURDAY morning @7:30AM. If you can make it I sure could use the help. 96 cases of water are going to be delievered and I can not move it all by myself. We also need to hang banners and so many other things to prepare. 

THANK YOU TO ALL. 

흥사단보이스카웃로고_700.jpg

List of Articles
번호 제목 글쓴이 날짜 조회 수
47 Community Resolution to Honor Korean American Day Unanimously Passes Assembly Floor file db 2015-01-13 3583
46 Community Korean American Family Service Receives $35,000 Grant from Cedar-Sinai file db 2014-07-22 11676
» Community FREEDOM WALK file db 2014-07-18 6990
44 Community GOP Candidates Engage APA Communities file db 2014-07-15 4036
43 Community A statement by scholars concerned about the Sewol tragedy file Miju 2014-05-15 3704
42 Community A prayer for the kidnapped schoolgirls in Nigeria file Miju 2014-05-13 5847
41 Community High Point United Methodist Named National Volunteer Winner file Miju 2014-05-06 3422
40 Community The-Tent Concert on 4/26/2014 file db 2014-04-22 3179
39 Community ISAAC March Newsletter file db 2014-03-29 3411
38 Community Asian Leadership Study Program (PCUSA) file db 2014-03-15 5425
37 Community Cross-bound - PCUSA Asian file db 2014-03-06 5152
36 Community How I became a GOP candidate for Assembly file BS 2014-02-13 2952
35 Community Asian Leadership Study Program file BS 2014-02-10 3362
34 Community Korean Foster Family Initiative file BS 2014-01-24 3185
33 Community Inhabiting Abandoned Spaces file YC 2014-01-07 5557
32 Community Year End Greetings from ISAAC file db 2013-12-09 4621
31 Community [LA] The_Tent on December 6 (Friday) between 5-9 p.m. file db 2013-12-04 5023
30 Community DTLA ArtWalk file db 2013-11-13 5395
29 Community [LA] Save the Date(Oct. 24) LA DMH file Admin 2013-10-16 3417
28 Community [LA] Embracing God's Mission (Pacific Presbytery) file db 2013-09-10 3240